The East Central Iowa Council of Governments will host a webinar on grant opportunities available through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program at 2 p.m. Thursday.
The new CDBG grants are available for communities of less than 50,000. The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) has identified seven eligible activities:
- Public facilities/public spaces
- Public Wi-Fi/broadband access
- Micro-enterprise assistance
- Housing conversion
- Commercial façade improvements
- Food bank/food program assistance
- Daycare assistance
Grant applications will be reviewed and awarded as they are received. CDBG-CV grants must tie to pandemic recovery and must either benefit low- to moderate-income individuals or prevent or eliminate slum and blight.