It is our policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our users. This policy statement tells you how we collect information from you and how we use it. When you order subscriptions on-line, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, credit card expiration date, and Security Code. This information enables us to process and fill your order and to notify you of your order status. If you participate in a contest or other promotional features, we may ask for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We know e-mail addresses and other personally identifying data about visitors to this site only when voluntarily submitted or posted to us. Information provided at the time of such registration may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by the Corridor Business Journal and approved companies. We may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
This site may make available to its users chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups at various times. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. No information should be submitted to or posted at our site by children under 13 years of age.
By entering any contest, the entrant grants the right to use his/her name, likeness, biography and other identifying information for news, publicity, promotional and advertising uses. Prize winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a contestant’s waiver as a condition of the awarding of any prize.
Thank you for visiting and shopping at the Corridor Business Journal website. Following are the terms and conditions that constitute our shipping policy.
- Shipping available to the 50 United States of America. Currently, we do not ship to U.S. Territories or internationally.
- Orders only ship on business days, which are Monday – Friday. Business days do not include all legal holidays. Orders received after 12 p.m. CST will be shipped the following business day.
- CBJ subscriptions are delivered by the United States Postal Service. CBJ is a weekly publication and new orders must be received by close of business Wednesday to receive CBJ the following week. If you have a subscription delivery issue, please call 319-665-6397, ext. 302.
- Print editions of the Book of Lists, back issues of CBJ and CBJ magazines will be shipped by United States Postal Service. If your order is for larger quantities of these products the shipment will be delivered by UPS. UPS orders cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes.
- Shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer and are not refundable. If you receive a damaged package from CBJ, please notify us by the next business day. We will arrange for replacement of the product. Please retain all damaged packaging and products.
- Please report damaged packages to 319-665-6397, ext. 302
Return and Refund Policies
Thank you for subscribing to CBJ or purchasing CBJ products such as the Book of Lists and reprints. The following are the terms and conditions that constitute our returns and refund policy.
Subscriptions – No refunds. Exchanges are available. If you are permanently leaving Iowa, the subscriber has died or is otherwise incapacitated we will provide a refund of the remaining balance on your account. Companies providing subscriptions to their employees may transfer subscriptions to another person in the event the subscriber is no longer an employee.
Digital lists and PDFs – Given the nature of downloadable digital items, we do not offer a refund or credit on your purchase. If the downloadable file is corrupted or otherwise unusable, please contact CBJ at 319-665-6397, ext. 302. We will arrange replacement.
Print copies of the Book of Lists, and CBJ Magazines and other publications – No refunds. Exchanges are available for damaged products. Damage must be reported the next business days. The buyer pays return postage.