The family-owned Corridor Media Group, which publishes the award-winning Corridor Business Journal and the Quad Cities Regional Business Journal and hosts some of the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City region’s most well-attended and successful events, is seeking an Event Sales Manager to join our growing Events Team.
The Event Sales Manager will join a team of professionals in developing, organizing, marketing, selling and executing more than 15 events in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Corridor.
The primary responsibility will be to sell event sponsorships to business-to-business clients that enable those companies to reach our highly influential event attendees.
Duties include being the chief contact for all sponsor inquiries and requests about events, as well as consulting with clients about sponsorship amenities. This person will work closely with the Events Team to ensure that the events run smoothly.
Traits and Behaviors:
- Able to develop and nurture sales relationships with business clients.
- Able to work successfully under pressure, maintaining a positive and professional attitude while handling multiple tasks and assignments
- Candidates must be friendly, approachable, courteous and collaborative.
- We are looking for a highly energetic and self-motivated member who is willing to exceed sponsor expectations by paying attention to the details.
- Serves as an active and contributing member of a team-based work environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to provide proof of current vehicle insurance and have a good driving record.
- A minimum of two years’ experience coordinating and selling events, facility rentals or group sales required.
- Excellent written, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines necessary.
- Previous experience developing budgets, collaborating across departments and coordinating and developing relationships with external event partners a plus.
The position could be full-time or part-time depending on the candidate’s experience.
Salary and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send application, resume and cover letter to: Andrea Rhoades Email: email@example.com Applications accepted through August 31, 2022, or until position is filled.