Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids has released its 2016-2017 annual report, reviewing the hospital’s financial impact on the community.
Several notable accomplishments from the past year include:
- Mercy received the state’s approval to start an open heart surgery program, allowing the hospital to address the growing need for this life-saving care in Cedar Rapids.
- Mercy was named among the nation’s Most Wired Hospitals for the ninth consecutive year.
- Mercy Urology Clinic opened to build upon Eastern Iowa’s excellent urologists.
- Mercy accepted the Planetree Gold Designation award for its person-centered care.
- MercyCare Prairie Creek opened to expand access to care on the city’s southwest side.
- Mercy became the first hospital in Eastern Iowa to use the robotic-arm assisted surgery system by Mako for partial knee and total hip replacements.
- The Dennis & Donna Oldorf Hospice House of Mercy celebrated 10 years of compassionate care.
- Hiawatha Medical Park opened.
Visit www.mercycare.org/annual-report to read the full community report of fiscal year achievements.