The 2022 Iowa City Area HBA Home Show is virtual only Monday, Feb. 28 – Friday, March 4, allowing consumers to experience the event from wherever they want at ichomeshow.com. The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association (HBA) puts on the event, presented by CBI Bank & Trust and Lepic-Kroeger, REALTORS.
“We are excited to be able to have The Home Show this year through our website,” said Home Show chair Art Floss, Market President, Johnson County/Mortgage Lending Manager at CBI Bank & Trust. “The format lets visitors safely enjoy the show from the comfort of their homes and provides exhibitors a unique opportunity to showcase their products and services. The Home Show is still a one-stop shop for all things home related. This year, there are even more ways for virtual visitors to enjoy the show. Folks can check out the virtual scavenger hunt, watch videos and win prizes.”
The online, week-long event lets home owners connect with local exhibitors to get information and ask questions about building, remodeling, the latest trends in materials and design and more. On the show’s website, ichomeshow.com, visitors can access live broadcasts, daily register-to-win giveaways and loads of home ideas and inspiration.
Corridor consumers will want to mark their calendars for Saturday, Feb. 26 at 6:30 p.m. to watch The Home Show Preview on CBS 2/KGAN. Sunday, Feb. 27 The Home Show magazine appears in The Gazette, providing a chance to see participating exhibitors and learn more about what to expect.
Virtual Home Show highlights:
- An easy-to-use interactive website.
- An exhibitor listing alphabetically and by business category, each with contact details. Some listings also offer a “Meet the Exhibitor” video, photo gallery and blog. A Featured Exhibitors section will appear on the site’s main page.
- Daily register-to-win giveaways, including two $500 vouchers toward any HBA-member business, courtesy of Lepic-Kroeger REALTORS and CBI Bank & Trust. Visit the site each day to see what’s offered and sign up for a chance to collect.
- Expert advice about home updates and improvements from select exhibitors and trusted Iowa City Area HBA Remodelers Council professionals – the same quality help found year after year at The Home Show. Information may cover everything from how to get a mortgage to real estate trends and finding a builder or remodeler through articles and Q&As. Consumers also can email questions on any home topic.
- Hot at the Home Show Facebook live segments @ICAreaHBAHomeShow with different exhibitors throughout the week. A schedule will be posted on the website.
- Kids Coloring Contest. Kids up to age 18 can enter to win a Nintendo Switch and 12-month Nintendo Switch online membership, thanks to Sueppel’s Siding & Remodeling. To enter, just grab the contest sheet out of the Home Show magazine or print it from the website, color and have a parent/guardian (if necessary) snap a photo and post to the website. A winner will be chosen randomly.
- Year-long access to all website information up to the 2023 Iowa City Area HBA Home Show, in case visitors think of another question, want to refer to something they saw or didn’t catch the show.
“The upside to going virtual again this year is the ability to reach more people, in a time that is convenient for them, from the comfort of their couches with the potential to revisit the portal,” said Iowa City Area HBA past president GT Karr of Sueppel’s Siding & Remodeling. “I am most excited to help promote the Women’s Construction Confidence Course; it is a great opportunity for women to get hands-on experience and learn basic skills they can use in their own homes. I hope everyone takes the time to check out the video and learn more about the class. Amazing things are happening with community collaboration. I also want to take the opportunity to thank everyone who worked hard to put the class together, especially Sandy Steil (Steil Consulting), David Powers (City of Iowa City) and Zach Johnson (Kirkwood Community College).”