The Corridor Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 awards recognize 40 leaders under the age of 40 who have made a significant impact in their business and community early in their careers.
The event, on Oct. 20, 2022, also celebrates one previous Forty Under 40 recipient, or alumnus, for his or her continued professional success and impact on the community.
This is the 18th year these non-partisan, non-political awards have been presented in the Corridor.
Honorees were selected by a committee composed of last year’s Forty Under 40.
Here are 2022’s list of honorees, listed alphabetically:
- James (Jim) Atty, Executive Director of Cardiology at Mercy Medical Center
- Mike Barkalow, City Engineer for the City of Marion
- Kelzye Bedwell, Financial Stability Director at Horizons A Family Service Alliance
- Anthony Betters, Community Engagement Manager at NewBoCo
- Letia Blanco, Senior Manager of Value Stream Management at Collins Aerospace
- Chad Brakhahn, Attorney at Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
- Aaron Brewer, Historic Landscape Manager at Brucemore
- Kristine Bullock, Director of Workplace Learning Connection at Kirkwood Community College
- Hillary Chappo, Associate Director of Education and Accreditation at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Melissa Doudna, Director of Marketing & Communications at United Way of East Central Iowa
- Lindsey Dozier, Vice President of Retail at Collins Community Credit Union
- Paula Duve, Physical Therapist and Clinical Team Lead at On With Life
- Kayla Fisher, Realtor and Broker Associate at Lepic-Kroger REALTORS
- Britta Grebner, Assistant Vice President, Universal Banker at F&M Bank
- Scott Hawes, Executive Director at Iowa Valley Habitat for Humanity
- John Heinemann, Executive Service Line Administrator of Children’s and Women’s Services at University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Christopher Hunter, Director of Special Events for the Iowa City Downtown District
- Nate Jensema, Chief Financial Officer at Van Meter Inc.
- Angelina Jordan, Founder & CEO of Banjo Knits Empowerment LLC
- Pankit Kotecha, Sr. Program Manager (Sr. Manager, Value Stream Leader) at Collins Aerospace
- Nick Ludwig, Product Manager at Alliant Energy
- Caleb Mason, Economic Development Manager for the City of Cedar Rapids
- Samantha McGrane, HSA Service Delivery Leader at Transamerica
- Tara Minetos, Vice President/Senior Wealth Planner at U.S. Bank
- Candice Murphy, Director of Programs & Services at The Arc of East Central Iowa
- Frederick Newell, Inclusion and Outreach Coordinator for the Iowa City Community School District
- Britt Nielsen, Communications Specialist for Linn County
- Jennifer Null, Learning and Development Manager at Tanager Place
- Anna Praegitzer, Vice President of Strategic Print Solutions (SPS)
- Joe Reilly, Nighttime Mayor of the Iowa City Downtown District
- Hannah Rigler, Speech Therapy Clinical Team Lead at ChildServe
- Alison Robinson, Scholarship and Department Coordinator at Kirkwood Community College Foundation
- Zach Schmit, Vice President of Operations and Owner of Covenant Workplace Solutions
- Ryan Shenefelt, Account Manager and Innovation Lead at de Novo Marketing
- Seth Staashelm, Marion Parks and Recreation Director for the City of Marion
- Matthew Stahl, CEO & Founder of Steel Therapeutics, Inc
- Erin Sullivan, Housing Services Director at Shelter House
- Bridget Toomey, Assistant Department Administrator, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Gregory Usher, Attorney at Nazette, Marner, Nathanson, Shea, LLP
- Aaron Verhorevoort, President of Spotix Inc
Forty Under 40 is sponsored by the University of Iowa’s Tippie College of Business, Cedar Ridge Distillery, and U.S. Bank.