The Corridor Media Group is looking for a Digital Editor who will be responsible for creating content for its websites, newsletters, mobile and social media platforms.
The Digital Editor helps grow digital audience engagement by assisting the Corridor Business Journal and the Quad Cities Regional Business Journal’s editors implement an online and social media development strategy.
The primary goal of the Digital Editor is to craft timely and compelling products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and increase data, digital and print subscriptions.
- Must thrive in a breaking-news culture and immediately curate, write, edit breaking news content for all platforms, including websites, social media and newsletters.
- Position requires solid news judgment, copy editing, writing headlines and stories, posting all elements including copy, pictures, photo galleries and graphics to the websites, social media and newsletters.
- Provides regular analytics reports (web traffic, email, social, etc.) and content consumption insights to the editorial team, helping them make more informed decisions.
- Monitors and relays trends, social media and all other points of feedback.
- Works with editors to develop, deploy and oversee content distribution strategies for websites, newsletters and social media.
- Leads efforts to design and execute multi-platform marketing strategies for critical editorial initiatives.
- Works with editors to develop, launch and maintain content optimization on all platforms, including web, newsletters, social media.
- Manages editorial posting and growth on social media channels.
- Edits, curates, schedules and posts all newsletter content for CBJ, QCBJ.
- Works under the direction of the publisher, associate publisher and editors to set benchmarks for growth of paid digital and data subscribers, newsletter subscribers, and click-throughs on social media to paid website content.
- Leads all efforts for data entry, including maintaining lists in Legendary.
- Minimum of 5 years of digital media experience, preferably in local journalism.
- Proficiency with WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must learn and grow to become the subject matter expert on all backend systems, including WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, Legendary, etc
- Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features.
- Simple HTML skills
- Candidate must have robust reporting, writing and editing skills on deadline.
- Candidate must be able to report, write and upload multiple stories to the website and social media channels throughout the day.
- The candidate must show exemplary people skills and collaborate with the rest of the editorial team and the Corridor Business Group’s staff every day.
- The candidate must display a passion and hunger for achieving the goals of the Corridor Business Group.
- Must be able to work within multiple teams to achieve success.
- The candidate will report, write and edit content for other print CBJ and QCBJ publications.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, including keyword optimization, writing successful SEO headlines and meta descriptions.
- Photography, photo editing and video editing experience.
- Background in newsletter creation and social media strategy and management.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send a copy of your resume, cover letter and three examples of your work to Becky Lutgen Gardner, firstname.lastname@example.org.