April and May will be busy months for the IowaWORKS offices in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, with several weekly, monthly and one-time hiring events in the pipeline this spring.
Monday Grab A Job Hiring Events
- Takes place at the Iowa City, 1700 S. 1st Avenue, Suite 11B Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids, 4444 1st Ave NE, Suite 436, Cedar Rapids, IowaWORKS Offices almost every Monday from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Four Iowa City employers and six to eight Cedar Rapids employers from a variety of industries attend each week.
- Free to for job seekers and employers.
- More information about these events can be found on the Iowa City or Cedar Rapids IowaWORKS Facebook Pages.
RE-CONNECT: Careers & Conversation Monthly Employer Panel & Hiring Event
- Takes place at the Cedar Rapids IowaWORKS office, 4444 1st Ave NE, Suite 436, Cedar Rapids, from 1 to 3 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
- Features seven different employers, who will spend the first 45 minutes of the event talking about their industry, job opportunities, career growth opportunities, and general tips for job seekers.
- After, attendees the chance to meet with the employers to find out more about the available job opportunities.
- Register at IowaWORKS.gov if possible– not required. This event is also free for the public and job seekers.
2022 Linn County Expungement Clinic, Resource Fair, and 2nd Chance Job Fair
- Taking place at the IowaWORKS Cedar Rapids, 4444 1st Ave NE, Suite 436, Cedar Rapids, office on Saturday, April 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Iowa Legal Aid will be hosting an expungement clinic starting at 10 a.m., by appointment only.
- A job fair will begin at 11 a.m. in front of our IowaWORKS office for employers who will hire individuals with a criminal background. No appointment is required.
- The resource fair will also start at 11 a.m. inside of IowaWORKS – this is also open to the public with no appointments required. The resource fair will include local service providers that help with things like housing, food, healthcare, education, financial assistance, and more.
Cedar Rapids Veterans Resource & Hiring Fair
- IowaWORKS, Upper Iowa University, Freedom Foundation, NewBo City Market, Kirkwood
Community College, and the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance are partnering to host this event on May 12, from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the NewBo City Market, 1100 3rd St SE, Cedar Rapids.
- The resource fair is designed to assist and serve veterans and their families with helpful
community resources, information, and possible employment.
- The resource providers will provide Veterans and their families information on Housing, Food Assistance, Employment Services, Education Assistance, Transportation Services, Nonprofits serving veterans, County Programs, and Peer-to-Peer Networking.
Professional Career Fair & Networking Event
- Taking place on May 18 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery, 1441 Marak Rd NW, Swisher.
- Featuring 25 area employers that have jobs in the $50,000+ range.
For more information about these events contact Jon Dayton at Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org.