Due to the current COVID-19 surge, modifications have been made to the inpatient visitor restriction policy at the Iowa City VA Medical Center.
Effective Jan. 14, visitors must follow these new guidelines:
- Adult Medical/Surgical/ICU inpatients: One visitor/support person is allowed per patient per day.
- Visiting hours are from 1-4 p.m. daily.
- Must be age 18 or older and not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or any other contagious illness.
- Will be screened for symptoms of fever and illness when arriving and asked which patient they are visiting.
- Must wear a medical grade face mask at all times, including in patient rooms, and will be asked to stay in designated areas.
- Exceptions for end-of-life visits are allowed with visiting hours modifications and increase visitors on case-by-case basis.
- Visitors who are non-compliant with hospital expectations related to visiting hours and/or mask compliance may be asked to leave.
This change is to maintain staff, patient and visitor safety by reducing exposure occurrences.