Sólás H20 is a new-to-market, canned still water produced by Buck Creek Distributing. Buck Creek sought to deliver a crisp, refreshing still water product to consumers that simultaneously cuts down on plastic bottle pollution. Inspired by the moving stories of critically ill children at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital, the Sólás team has partnered with Make-A-Wish Iowa to donate 5% of gross profits from the purchase of each can.
“We are thrilled to be in partnership with Sólás H20,” Sara Kurovski, president and CEO of Make-A-Wish Iowa, said in a release. “From day one, the team at Buck Creek Distributing has been mission-driven to create a product that nourishes our bodies, helps our planet and gives back to the community. It’s a tremendous opportunity to work together and grant wishes to children, giving them the strength to fight their critical illness.”
Sólás H20 is available in nearly all Fareway stores statewide and will be arriving soon in select Hy-Vee locations throughout Iowa. They expect to gain more distribution through regional gas stations and convenience stores in the coming months.
The canned still water was recently on hand at the 5K Run for Wishes on April 29 in Iowa City, Make-A-Wish Des Moines Gala and will be available on the RAGBRAI route as a sponsor of the Make-A-Wish Iowa team.
“It is so powerful to hear about the experiences of families who’ve received a wish from Make-A-Wish Iowa,” Buck Creek Distributing Vice President of Business Development Michelle Arduser said in a release. “When I hear about that impact, it’s clear there’s no better organization who inspires hope as much as Make-A-Wish Iowa does. We are excited about our partnership here in Iowa and how we can grow that in the coming years.”
With 5% of gross profits from the purchase of each can, Iowa consumers can quickly ramp up the ability for more children to have their wishes granted. A recent study from Make-A-Wish detailed the impact of a wish:
- Nine out of 10 wish kids reported the wish experienced relieved them from traumatic stress.
- Nine out of 10 parents saw their child’s emotional well-being improve with a wish.
- Nine out of 10 medical providers say a wish increased compliance with treatment.
- Nine out of 10 wish kids reported that their wish gave them the strength to fight their critical illness.
- Nine out of 10 medical providers observed that the wish experience has a positive impact on a child’s physical well-being and overall quality of life.